Saturday, March 07, 2015

UNISON NEC Elections 2015

This morning I received written confirmation that I have been accepted as an eligible candidate for the UNISON 2015 National Executive Council elections.

I have been nominated by 40 UNISON branches for the Community Service Group General Seat. Many thanks to all branches who have nominated me and I will be emailing them tomorrow to thank them.

I am standing with June Poole from Rochdale branch. June is a highly respected and long standing low paid UNISON activist. She works for a small voluntary organisation while I work for a large Housing Association.  I think we will make a great team representing all UNISON Community members.

The postal ballot starts in April and I will be posting more information nearer the date.

(picture of me with my branch delegates at recent National UNISON Community Conference)

No comments: