Sunday, August 31, 2014

Amigo Month Mes Amigo - Celebrating Latino Hispanic & Lusophone Heritage

As a Newham Councillor I was sent this lovely poster and information about
"Mes Amigo 2014 UK - 7 Septiembre / Octubre 12"

It made me think since I was surprised to read there are 1 million people living in the UK with Iberian American roots.

They also point out that there are even more British living or owning property in Spain and Portugal.

I wonder how many Brits are currently on holiday in a Spanish or Portuguese speaking country as well? By coincidence a nephew is currently working in Brazil. 

During the 5 weeks there will be religious services, parties, sport events, conferences and festivals. I hope the events go well and we all celebrate the contribution made to the UK by Iberian Americans.

Você está no Mês amigo - 07 de setembro / 12 de outubro
 

No comments: