Sunday, May 12, 2013

Let's get Europe working again!


Dear friends,

I am campaigning to be your choice to join Labour's London MEP team, to fight the 2014 European elections.

Today, I am writing to ask you to vote Ivana Bartoletti #1 when you receive your MEP selection ballot at the end of May.

Europe is important for London, and Labour needs an MEP candidate with an ambitious, optimistic vision for Europe, and the ability to do something about it.

The Europe we see now is not the Europe we want. It is dominated by austerity policies with no grip on growth. I want to bring Labour values to Brussels to reform Europe, and make it work for Britain and ordinary people.

With Labour values, Europe can be the partner London needs, helping us achieve what we cannot achieve on our own. In a globalised world, we need to stand tall in Brussels if we want to stand tall in the world from Beijing to Washington.

I know the streets of Europe as well as I know the corridors of Brussels, and I can deliver for Labour  and for Londoners.

I have spent my life campaigning for the European left: on the doorstep for Labour, leading the Fabian Women's Network, and with Labour's sister parties in Europe for a decade. I know the progressive European movement at every level from being a government adviser in Italy to leading grassroots campaigns.

I am a working mum and NHS worker. I am proud to have made my career in the NHS counter fraud service, fighting abuse and waste while delivering on Labour's most cherished promise: that we are all in it together; that we are stronger together than we are apart.

We cannot accept the Tory story of Europe in decline. With change, a strategy for growth and jobs, and greater accountability, the EU can be the partner London needs to bring opportunities to every Londoner.

This is the spirit we need to change Britain, and Europe too.

I will continue to campaign relentlessly with you for more Labour councillors, more Labour MEPs and, come 2015, to get Ed Miliband into Downing Street.

Do get in touch if you would like more information about my campaign. You can email me at ivana4mep@ivanabartoletti.co.uk, or visit my website: www.ivanabartoletti.co.uk.

Please vote for me as #1 preference when you receive your ballot paper.

Thank you.

Ivana Bartoletti

ivana4mep@ivanabartoletti.co.uk
www.ivanabartoletti.co.uk
@IvanaBartoletti | #ivana4mep
www.facebook.com/ivana4mep

No comments: