Monday, January 28, 2013

Kieran Quinn appointed as chair of LAPFF

The LAPFF AGM was last week. "Councillor Kieran Quinn, chair of Greater Manchester Pension Fund, has been appointed as chair of Local Authority Pension Fund Forum (LAPFF) at its annual general meeting this week.

Councillor Quinn takes over from Ian Greenwood, chair of the West Yorkshire Pension Fund, who has led LAPFF since January 2008. Councillor Cameron Rose, representing Lothian Pension Fund, and Ian Greenwood have been appointed vice-chairs of LAPFF.
In addition there are two new members of the Forum’s executive – councillor John Gray representing the London Borough of Newham pension fund, and councillor Patricia Glasman, chair of Merseyside Pension Fund.

Incoming LAPFF chair, Kieran Quinn, said: “I am very pleased to be taking over as chair of the Forum at this exciting time. Over the last few years LAPFF has grown rapidly in both membership and influence. Our work on issues such as accounting standards and remuneration reform has broken new ground, and engagements at companies such as M&S and News Corp have given us a much higher profile.”

“I would also like to pay tribute to Ian’s leadership over the past five years, during which time the Forum has made enormous strides forward. I hope I can build on Ian’s record and cement LAPFF’s position as the UK’s leading shareholder body.”

Ian Greenwood said: “Having decided to stand down as chair at this AGM, I am extremely pleased to see my friend and colleague Kieran Quinn elected. I am certain he will provide the leadership needed to take LAPFF forward. I look forward to working with him in my position as vice-chair.”

No comments: