Monday, March 16, 2009

Cuppa & Croissants with “Credit Crunch” Graham Turner:

A good UNISON member has sent me details of this event on Sunday 29 March 2009, 11.30-1pm, at the Bow Idea Store.

Graham Turner is an economist who works locally in Mile End and has published a controversial book called “The Credit Crunch, Globalisation and the Worldwide Credit Crisis”.

I have heard Graham speak twice in recent months here and at the Ken Livingstone Progressives conference. Each time I tried to ask him a question about the concept of workers capital and whether he thought that the lack of it had contributed to the crisis and its possible future role in getting us out of this mess.

He didn’t really respond which I think is my fault since I don’t think I explained the question properly. If I can’t attend this meeting then I hope someone else will.

This sort of local community based intelligent event is a really, really good idea. Well done to those who brought it about.

No comments: