Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ricky Gervais: politically incorrect and live at the Apollo

Off message but just back from seeing Ricky Gervais who is appearing at the Hammersmith Apollo, London. Great show, a sell out and a superb performance. First time I have seen him live, even thought I suspect tomorrow I might think he was a bit "out of order". Which, in the very unlikely event he would ever read this would no doubt bring him out in pearls of laughter and suggest I am a C**T. Despite this he was not as filthy "live" as I had heard but pretty near the mark. His timing and delivery is however genius.

Don't go if you have kids who have cancer or are autistic, if you have M.E, AIDS or are fat. Other sensitive issues covered not at all sensitively are famine, Dawn French's weight, murdered prostitutes, race, climate change, religion, Chris Tarrent's divorce etc. I suspect that a less skilled comic would not be able to get away with it. He himself said "one false move and I'm Jim Davidson".

Finally if you are drunk, do not heckle him since he will make you look a complete and utter doughnut! Seats still available - give him a go (free CD on every seat).

No comments: