Monday, February 19, 2007

Idea Store upgrading


The life of a trade union activist can be very frustrating at times. Today I was asked to see if there are any late photo stories I could submit to "Tower Power", our branch newsletter. Later on, while on a visit on my estate, I bumped into Terry and the mobile "Books on Wheels" team. I took this photo and submitted it to the editor. Recently, we (mostly down to Steve Murray - the local idea Store rep) had managed to get the Lead drivers of the bus an upgrade after an evaluation appeal. So a possible good news story!

1 comment:

John said...

Hi John,

I'm having a go at putting together a blog aggregator for unions' and union activists' blogs at www.tigmoo.co.uk

It's kind of a Bloggers4Labour rip-off, but aimed at getting more union people from all sides of the movement out of the woodwork and blogging (not all of whom will obviously be Labour, so B4L doesn't catch them as it does with you and me).

There are 6.5 million unionists in the UK (and 250,000 activists), so you'd think we'd have a higher profile in blogs, but not so. I reckon if we can offer a little guidance and (more importantly) an audience to potential new union bloggers, we might encourage more of them to start up.

Would it be okay please if I include your blog in the aggregator? It will scan it every hour or so for new posts and then add the title, opening sentence and link to a list which people can subscribe to by RSS, letting them directly into your blog's latest story.

If you're happy (or unhappy!) with this idea, could you please let me know at www.tigmoo.co.uk/?q=contact ?

Cheers, John